[FFmpeg-user] Concat limited to certain file types?

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Wed Oct 17 16:13:46 CEST 2012

Nicolas George in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Wed, 17 Oct 2012
11:31:09 +0200):
>Finding a single command line that will always work is usually a doomed
>expectations, there are just too many special cases.

This one comes quite close, I think:

-filter_complex " \
	[0:v]  setpts=PTS-STARTPTS [v0]; \
	[0:a] asetpts=PTS-STARTPTS [a0]; \
	[1:v]  setpts=PTS-STARTPTS [v1]; \
	[1:a] asetpts=PTS-STARTPTS [a1]; \
	[v0] [a0] [v1] [a1] concat=n=2:v=1:a=1 [v] [a]; \
	[v] scale=384:288 [vs]" -map [vs] -map [a]

The only thing I am missing compared with my current setup (with a
really old MEncoder) is the -af volnorm filter. Carl Eugen told me about
a month ago that the volnorm avfilter is half-finished. Do you know what
the status is at the moment? Can I be of help?

Jan