[FFmpeg-user] Separate logging/STDERR/STDOUT for 2+ output files.

Dennis mediastream at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:04:14 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm trying to generate multiple outputs in one run and looking at a way
> > separating the logging/stderr/stdout for each output. Want to be able to
> > monitor for warnings/errors per output instance.
>
> what's an example command line?
> anyway, i would suggest using grep, if they have something
> distinguishable about the lines.  If that doesn't work then I'd
> suggest piping the input to stdout then to a 'tee" or something like
> it.

I want to encode  file1 and  file2 from the same source (huge lossless
video file):

`./ffmpeg -i 350GB_source.mov preset_X X.mp4 preset_Y Y.mp4`

I want to monitor stdout and stderr for X.mp4 and Y.mp4 separately if
possible.

-vstats_file while could be a nice option, but it only supports the last
instance in the command line, and not one per output; plus it doesn't
contain all other options (stream mappings and libx264 report at the end of
encoding)

please advice.

Thank you.