[FFmpeg-user] Conversion fails ... transport stream to h264 mpeg 4, ... help please

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Oct 13 17:45:18 CEST 2012

PyProg PyProg <pyprog05 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > You have to cut away the first 400k of the input file;-(
>
> I don't understand ...

You uploaded a mpegts sample that starts with garbage.
It is not autodetected correctly, if you force detection,
it is decoded with many errors and visible artefacts.
If you cut away the first 100kb, it is correctly
auto-detected, but you still get the visible corruption.
If you cut away the first 400kb, all is fine!

> > I created tickets #1811 and #1812, thank you for the sample!
>
> It's a bug ?

Would you call it expected behaviour?
I believe it is a bug.

> Is the static versions:
>
> http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/
>
> http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
>
> ... be corrected accordingly?

You mean if a bug that I reported today was already
fixed yesterday? No, I don't think so.

https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1811
https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1812