[FFmpeg-user] Converting from HD (720p) to SD (576i)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 10 23:38:15 CEST 2012

Iban Garcia <ibantxo28 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The process complains two main "to do"s:
> 1) RESIZE (from 1080x720 to 720x576)
> 2) INTERLACE: Creating an interlace content from a
> progressive content (but with double frame rate [?])

(This should be "half frame rate" in my understanding,
and that is what you use below.

> The command I have used is the next one:
>
> *ffmpeg -i original_video.mxf -threads 8  -pix_fmt -pix_fmt yuv411p
> -aspect 16:9 -vf "scale=720:576,tinterlace=interleave_bottom,
> fieldorder=bff" -ac 2 -y -r 25 output_file.dv*

(Isn't there a copy-paste error in the first line?)

I may be wrong (and I did not test), but it may make
a difference at what time the colour space conversion
happens.
(This should be visible with some -loglevel, it may
have been a bad idea that the filter system stopped
to be verbose about what exact filters are used.)

Perhaps try filter "format=yuv411p" instead of -pix_fmt?