[FFmpeg-user] Cutting TS files with ffmpeg: wrong number of audio tracks

Andi Lintermann greeny_germ at gmx.de
Tue Oct 9 22:26:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem. I have recorded a TS file, which has, starting at a certain location, two audio streams: German and English. Say, I have started the record some minutes before the actual movie started on TV. I now want to get rid of the first few minutes, which only contain one audio track: German and keep the part, where both audio tracks appear, say, during the movie. Unfortunately, if I now want to use ffmpeg to cut at a certain position with the -ss option and using the -vcodec copy -acodec copy leaves me only with the German stream. I know that I can use the -map option to specify the input streams but unfortunately ffmpeg doesn't notice the additional English track, which starts later in the whole file: the -i option gives me:

  Duration: 01:59:59.88, start: 49088.601544, bitrate: 8313 kb/s
  Program 129
  Program 130
  Program 131
    Stream #0.0[0x20](deu): Subtitle: [6][0][0][0] / 0x0006
    Stream #0.1[0x4ff]: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 53.06 fps, 50 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0.2[0x503](deu): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 384 kb/s (clean effects)
  Program 132

But I know that the additional English audio track starts at about 5:32 min, because I can select it in VLC, when the movie starts. I can only select German before the movie starts.

Please can anyone help me,

thanks in advance,

Andreas