[FFmpeg-user] Question about concat protocol

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:01:45 CEST 2012

On 9/10/2012 11:46 PM, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> It depends on what you wanted to do, and what you got.
> If you want to join video streams into single one, there're solutions,
> check it in FAQ
> http://ffmpeg.org/faq.html#How-can-I-concatenate-video-files

Thanks for the reply!

What I'd like, ideally, is to be able to do this:

ffmpeg -i file1 {map video 0, audio 1 to output video 0, audio 1} -i
file2 {map video 1, audio 3 to output video 0, audio 1} -i file3 { map
video x, audio y to output video 0, audio 1 } outfile

Basically, combining files, for each specifying the video and audio
stream that will create an output file with one video and one audio
stream based on those.

Is it possible? If it is, what should the "-map" contain?

Thanks!

    Dennis