[FFmpeg-user] Audio lost after a while in live streaming

fb fatemeh.bagherpour at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:40:38 CEST 2012

Thanks for your replies,

I,m not familiar with Mencoder.

I think the problem is caused by "rtmp streaming", when I used the following
steps, the output looks fine.

1- Tune DVB-T with dvbstream and put the ts in a fifo:

   user:~#mkfifo fifo1
       (I,m using Ubuntu)

   user:~#dvbstream -f -c -o fifo1

2- H.264 encoding using the following command:
user:~#ffmpeg -y -i fifo1 -vcodec libx264 -vprofile main -preset slow -v:b
500 -maxrate 500 -bufsize 20000 -f flv -vf scale=-1:480 -threads 0 -ar 44100
outputfile.flv

outputfile.flv contains audio and a/v are sync.

so:
1- Is my guess true? Does rtmp streaming causes audio loss?

2-There is another guess here: Size of linux fifo (fifo1) or ffmpeg buffer
(that sets by bufsize) is small?  I can't understand what is the buffsize
role in ffmpeg? I tested some different values for it but couldn't detect
Its effect!

I used the same command for rtmp streaming and logs are:
ffLog2012-10-08--09_23_04-ch6-6.log
<http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/file/n4654005/ffLog2012-10-08--09_23_04-ch6-6.log>

Regards