[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg with static x264

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 7 21:42:14 CEST 2012

Am 07.10.2012 21:26, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>
>> ../configure \
>>  --prefix=/usr/local \
>>  --bindir=/usr/local/bin \
>>  --datadir=/usr/local/share/ffmpeg \
>>  --incdir=/usr/local/include/ffmpeg \
>>  --libdir=/usr/local/lib64 \
>>  --mandir=/usr/local/man \
>>  --arch=x86_64 \
>>  --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/includes" \
>
>>  --extra-ldflags="-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib64" \
>
> I know you don't care much but this looks very strange...

i do care - but i am simply a php-developer and
not understanding what exactly looks strange

gaol if to have a static ffmpeg with static linked x264
on fedora under /usr/local to not collide in anyway
with rpmfusion/fedora-packages

how exactly i achieve this does not really matter for me :-)

>> ERROR: libx264 not found
>
> Relevant part of config.log (NOT: config.log) missing

sorry - i am not qualified to find out what is the
"relevant part" so excuse me to attach the compressed
file as it is

as said: if i build x624 in /usr/local with --enable-shared
from the same source without any other change ffmpeg builds
but links dynamically resulting in a dependency to lib264.so
instead of static linked x264