[FFmpeg-user] Question about concat protocol

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:10:56 CEST 2012

Hello all!

Is it possible to use the concat: protocol and -map at the same time to
choose which video/audio streams to pick from each file that's being
concat'ed? I tried various combinations, but it doesn't seem to work, I
suspect because FFmpeg considers the input as a single source.

I also tried specifying all files as separate -i "..." with each having
it's own set of -map, but that didn't work either, or most likely, I
don't understand how -map works in this case correctly. Can you please
give me some advice on how to use -map to pick video/audio streams from
multiple files to be joined into one?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis