[FFmpeg-user] r128 usage?

David Rice daverice at mac.com
Tue Oct 2 07:50:06 CEST 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 12:22 AM, Roger Pack wrote:

>> a. From what i understand the r128 filter was implemented?
>> b. What would be the usage (cli example) for correcting entire clip
>> volume? (so called "integrated" norm)
>
> Your goal is to normalize?
> A list of filters is here:
> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Audio-Filters

I'm also trying to normalize based off information gained from the ebur128 filter. The information from the ebur128 filter is returned in loudness units. The two ffmpeg audio filters that I can find that can normalize are 'pan' (through the gain setting) and 'volume'. Both pan and volume filters take a multiplier to adjust the input audio and the volume filter also accepts an adjustment in dB. But I'm uncertain how to utilize information from ebur128 to determine either a multiplier or dB level is make a volume adjustment. What is the usage to use ebur128 data in order to normalize?
Dave Rice