[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg static binary with libass enabled

Young Kim shadowing71 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:39:43 CET 2012

Hi folks,

I'm running into bit of trouble trying to compile the latest git build of ffmpeg statically with libass enabled. I have built static versions of the libraries necessary for this build, but it seems like whenever I enable libass it does not work. Here's an example of the commands I have been running:

export LDFLAGS="-L/home/ykim/encodebuild/lib $CFLAGS"
export CFLAGS="-I/home/ykim/encodebuild/include $LDFLAGS"

./configure --prefix=/home/ykim/encodebuild --enable-runtime-cpudetect --disable-debug --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --disable-ffprobe --disable-shared --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree
make

After make, it runs into something along the lines of :

ass_fontconfig.c:(.text+0x10a5): undefined reference to `FcConfigDestroy'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks,