[FFmpeg-user] ABUSE: Spam from "ptrtap at yahoo.com"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri May 25 10:30:12 CEST 2012

Am 25.05.2012 01:13, schrieb Stefano Sabatini:
> On date Thursday 2012-05-24 19:43:57 +0200, Reindl Harald encoded:
>> are you now totally crazy or why do you idiot reply
> [...]
>
> OK boys that was fun but that's going a bit too far.

no, if someone get a OFF-LIST reply in some countries
he is even not allowed by law to make a reply public
and since MANUALLY action is required to act like he
did this is the perfect example for "idiot"

> Reindl: we all are "real idiots" in a way or another

no, there is a difference between missing knowledge
and pure ignorance

> a bit of tolerance is required even if someone is lacking what in
> your eyes is elementary technical background or netiquette knowledge.

it needs no elementary technical background to hit the reply-button
in a mail-client instead "reply all" or paste another RCPT

if this is "technical background" for someone he better does
not use email at all because of all of the millions of spam
mails 99% produced by hacked accounts or computers (zombies)

> Also that language and that attitude is *definitively* not acceptable
> in this list, so I'm going to ask the list administrators to moderate
> you in case I read another mail from you in the same tone.

and now listen and try to understand what i will explain you!

you are part of the problem like also "ianm at brick.net" who thought
he needs to exlain me why it can be a spoofed message!

do you guys not realize that there is NO SINGLE REPLY FROM AYBODY
needed on the list if you are not Peter Tap and even if you
are Peter Tap there would have been only one reply needed which
shows that the problem was understood and fixed

the only reason why i included the list in my abuse mail was to
prevent 500 or more other people from writing also a abuse-mail
for the same message

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Von: Peter Tap <ptrtap at yahoo.com>
> Dude,
> I am NOT sending any spam.
> I don't have the time or the inclination to do so.
> Do a little bit of research on email security or lack of it.

this is also the wrong answer since the origin was verified
in my first abuse-mail because it is my job and the headers
where included - so there is no need to blow out another mail
to the list