[FFmpeg-user] mmsh streams and immense buffering

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 23 22:46:02 CEST 2012

Patrick Cornwell <patrick <at> cornwell.org> writes:

> I'm asking questions
> within my scope of knowledge and you intentionally avoid helping
> specifically what I ask, instead pointing out what is missing in my

I am not able to reproduce (two of) your problem(s).
ffmpeg does not crash here, the reason might be that my FFmpeg is not
compiled with x264 support, but I don't know because as far as I know
you did not test without -vcodec libx264
(Note that crashes are important, so there is a high chance that
the crash is fixed once it is either reproduced or a backtrace is
provided.)

ffplay works fine here (without any waiting), as long as you do not post
your ffplay command line together with complete, uncut output, I cannot
explain why it works for me but not for you.

ffmpeg does not convert the problematic streams here, I do not know
why, but if you look at the ffplay console output, it indicates
that FFmpeg is unable to correctly read the timestamps
(I tried to explain that in my very first mail iirc), that
seems like a reason, and I do not know how to fix it.
(I tried -copyts and it did not help.)