[FFmpeg-user] ProRes: ffmpeg vs. ffmbc

Jeremy Oddo joddo at jerfu.com
Mon May 21 20:08:12 CEST 2012

I apologize for the potential silly question....

I've been having a lot of success with ProRes QTs from ffmbc but less
so on the ffmpeg front. Now for the silly question: has the ffmbc fork
now strayed so far from ffmpeg that the ProRes code from ffmbc can't
be brought back into the fold?

With ffmbc, I can make ProRes 4444 without a hitch. Also, there seems
to be a problem with FCP not accepting ffmpeg ProRes files as "proper"
but we don't seem to have this issue with ffmbc. I'm not a developer
so I'm not sure how challenging it would be, but I would sure love to
bring ffmbc's ProRes support into ffmpeg.