[FFmpeg-user] Compiling FFMPEG on the Mac, issue with configure and vorbis libs...

Forrest Aldrich forrie at gmail.com
Thu May 10 00:54:40 CEST 2012

I'm nearly done getting FFMPEG ready to compile - however, it is not
finding the Vorbis libs, which are clearly installed.   I have tried
setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to include /usr/local/lib and
/usr/local/include which has had no effect.

I tried commenting out the require line in the configure script, to see
if that might just work and it did not.

The C compiler is set to "clang".

What is wrong?

Thanks....

Here are the config directives:

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
export CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-gpl --enable-version3
--enable-nonfree --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-shared
--enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter --enable-pthreads
--enable-yasm --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx
???????????????????????????

The error:

ERROR: libvorbis not found

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.

But, yet it is clearly there......

bash-3.2# ls /usr/local/lib
libfaac.0.0.0.dylib        libfuse_ino64.2.7.3.dylib    libsox.dylib
         libvorbisenc.a
libfaac.0.dylib            libfuse_ino64.2.dylib        libsox.la
     libvorbisenc.la
libfaac.a            libfuse_ino64.dylib        libtheora.a
libvorbisfile.a
libfaac.dylib            libfuse_ino64.la        libtheora.la
libvorbisfile.la
libfaac.la            libmp3lame.a            libtheoradec.a
libvpx.a
libfuse.0.dylib            libmp3lame.la            libtheoradec.la
         libx264.a
libfuse.2.7.3.dylib        libogg.a            libtheoraenc.a
libxvidcore.a
libfuse.2.dylib            libogg.la            libtheoraenc.la
     libyasm.a
libfuse.dylib            libsox.2.dylib            libvorbis.a
     pkgconfig
libfuse.la            libsox.a            libvorbis.la            sox