[FFmpeg-user] Does machine speed matter for encoding?

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 23:20:47 CEST 2012

Folks,

I need to set up a process to encode a bunch of static images into an mp4 file.

Let's say I have two machines that are almost identical in hardware, OS, ffmpeg, etc. The only difference is that one machine has a slower CPU than the other. For the same input to ffmpeg, will the output be identical on both machines?

I understand that the encoding will take a longer time on the slower machine. I am just wondering if there is any timing involved during encoding that may result in lesser quality output on the slower machine.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter