[FFmpeg-user] Using FFMPEG to segment audio files

Dominicans Interactive luuk at dominicansinteractive.com
Wed May 9 12:08:30 CEST 2012

I am using FFMPEG 10.2 to segment video files.
Currently (with 10.2) I encode the files first to a .ts encoded file and then copy it with the -segment options. This works great for video files, but when trying to do it for an audio-only file I end up with one big file instead of separate segments. The command I use is:

ffmpeg -i encoded.ts -y -c copy -flags global_header -map 0 -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_list fileList.txt -segment_format mpegts segment_%05d.ts

I also tried to use the MP3 encoder instead of mpegts, but it makes no difference.
Is there a way to get this to work?
Thanks!