[FFmpeg-user] bgra to yuv

Josh long funkyirish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 05:46:16 CEST 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/27/12, Josh long <funkyirish at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> yuva420->yuv444 is not lossless either.
> >>

> > aha, thanks I suppose I've not done my homework.  Do you know of any
> routes
> > that would be lossless?  I have strong suspicions that the alpha channel
> in
> > my bgra files is not significant (meaning that it is a constant ff when
> > looking at it in a hex editor).
>
> Note that it may be vlc bug if it fails to properly decode yuv444.

This may be of interest to someone.  When converting bgra to rgb24 ffmpeg
messes up the colors.  However if one first converts to rgba and then rgb24
this undesired effect is avoided.

Also it doesn't fix everything, but mplayer and Gnome Mplayer play certain
files accurately where VLC will not.

Thanks again for all the information and help,

Joshua