[FFmpeg-user] Problem using H263 Encoder

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 18:34:42 CET 2012

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:04:45 -0000, Tom Alter <tom1.alter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using ffmpeg h263 encoder to encode the live stream and sending the
> encoded stream to peer over RTP. Solution works one start but slowly
> video
> quality gets degraded with time. After two to three hours video gets
> blurred. I have tweaked with various settings of H263 Encoder but did not
> able to fix the problem.

All together now: command line and complete, uncut output missing :-)

> Is anyone there who can suggest the reason of this behaviour? Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you are seeing small errors accumulate over a long time,
which suggests that the encoder isn't producing I-frames often enough
(or at all).  It's impossible to tell without more information, but
some combination of your target bit rate and encoder parameters may
be, er, optimistic.

--
Rhodri James
Kynesim Ltd