[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg processing in batch

Susan James sjames at susanjamescompany.com
Tue Mar 20 16:24:30 CET 2012

Hi All,

I'm encoding videos with a batch script and my script will only process
one file at a time even though I make the call to process all files
listed in a file.list
My command pipeline is below for both MAC and Linux.
My batch script is attached.

I can't figure out why ffmpeg refuses to process multiple files in an
automated script.  Can someone help me with this?  Are my command
pipelines below wanting an additional parameter to process in batch?

I log to a logs.txt but the only output I get is for the one file that
ffmpeg processes.  I've also attached the logs.txt which includes output
from both the MAC and LINUX processing.

Any help is much appreciated.  I've been working at this for days and
days with no resolution for processing in batch.

thanks!
Susan

MAC
ffmpeg -i "file1.HiRes" -ab 320k -vol 1024 -strict experimental -threads
5 -vcodec libx264 -b:v 2000k -pix_fmt yuv420p "file1-as.mp4"

LINUX
ffmpeg -i "file1.HiRes" -ab 320k -vol 1024 -vcodec libx264 -b:v 2000k
-threads 5 -pix_fmt yuv420p "file1-as.mp4"