[FFmpeg-user] What's the best way to send a single static image through a RTP connection?

Diego Carvalho diego.cdomingos2010 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:09:46 CET 2012

Hi all,
I'm working on a VoIP application that in some moment needs to send to the
other endpoint a static image. I can read the image, decode, scale (if
needed), encode to the correct format (h264) and generate the RTP packets
that will be sent. However, as I'm sending a static image there is no need
to do this whole process all the time. I believe that I should generate the
first IDR frame and the first non-IDR and then just send this same non-IDR
every time or something like that but I don't know how to do this. Or maybe
send the first IDR and then keep sending a packet that says "there aren't
changes between this frame and the previous one" but I don't know if such
packet exists. I appreciate any help. Thanks.