[FFmpeg-user] VSYNC 1

Sven Dueking sven at nablet.com
Tue Mar 13 12:12:49 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

I have a simple question regarding the VSYNC=1 option.

Is the assumption correct that VSYNC=1 results in dropped and duped frames,
because ffmpeg cannot handle the incoming data according to the specified
frame rate in realtime ?

My workflow is quite simple, I have a ffmpeg instance running on a EC, input
is X11 and ALSA and the task is to encode into h.264 in realtime (the data
will be send as rtmp). I noticed a huge number of duped frames and want to
be sure that my understanding is correct.

Thanks !

Best,

Sven