[FFmpeg-user] bgra to yuv

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Mar 2 21:43:43 CET 2012

booglyboo <funkyirish <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've been trying to convert a 1920x1080 BGRA 30 fps video (no sound) which is
> in the avi container into a yuv file for the purpose of using dirac for
> compression.

[...]
> but the framerate messes up and the file size changes so dramatically that I
> don't believe the conversion was lossless.

I don't think you can (easily) convert lossless from bgra to yuv,
at least not to yuv420p.

Please try to explain what you want to do (FFmpeg supports dirac encoding
via external library, so while I don't think you will get satisfying
results with dirac, there is no need to go through an uncompressed
file), then provide the command line you used together with complete,
uncut console output and explain what went wrong.