[FFmpeg-user] Bad keyframes when encoding to the ogg container format

Mike Scheutzow mike.scheutzow at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Jun 28 15:09:29 CEST 2012

Robert McIntyre wrote:
> the command line that I used to generate the above ffmpeg output,
> which is also contained in the test.sh script in the linked tar.bz2
> file, is:
>
> ffmpeg -r 60 -i ./test/%07d.bmp.png  \
>              -i ./test.wav  \
>     -b:a 128k \
>     -b:v 9000k \
>     -c:a libvorbis \
>     -c:v libtheora \
>     -g 200 \
>     test.ogg
>

> sincerely,
> --Robert McIntyre

I believe the command line options have changed. '-r' is no longer used
to specify the *input* framerate for individual images, instead use
'-framerate N' prior to the '-i'.

'-r N' specifies the *output* frame rate, and must be positioned *after*
the -vcodec (or -c:v) option.

When you see status entries like 'dup=N' or 'drop=N', where N is
increasing over time, it tells you there is a mismatch between input and
output frame rates.

Mike Scheutzow