[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg licenses

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jun 25 14:48:19 CEST 2012

Tran Quoc Ngan <tqngan1984 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thank for your information. However, I want to sell
> my app and don't want publish my app source codes

The LGPL does not require you to publish the sources of
your application if it is linked against FFmpeg, but note
that you absolutely have to follow the LGPL if you choose
to distribute binaries based on FFmpeg.

Note that it does not matter at all if you want to sell
your application or want to give it away for free.

Please do read both http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html and the LGPL

> with my purpose (I would pay for it).

You cannot pay for a different license because there are many
copyright holders, and many copyright holders cannot be easily
reached.

Please do not top-post, it is considered rude.