[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg "stretches" encoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jun 18 08:52:30 CEST 2012

 <tte <at> cs.fau.de> writes:

> Thanks, Carl. I was hoping that someone could explain to me first
> which combination of options _should_ create synchronuous
> audio & video without changing the speed

This is the default behaviour, no options should be necessary.
That is why I suggest to first test
ffmpeg -i infile.mpg -qscale 2 -acodec ac3 out.avi
Apart from reducing resolution, you can stop encoding at any
time to test a shorter resulting file.

Without complete, uncut console output, it is extremely
difficult to guess what goes wrong, with the output it is
sometimes trivial. The console output without using
external libraries is preferred, the reason is that this
allows to eliminate some causes for the specific problem.

As an alternative, you could provide the input sample.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude, Carl Eugen