[FFmpeg-user] FFprobe scripting question

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 16 04:18:38 CEST 2012

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:33:11 Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> -show_streams -print_format default=nk=1:nw=1 | sed -n 9p

Thanks Adam, Clement and Stefano. This produces the required result (but I
still need to redirect stderr to /dev/null to get just the numeric answer that
I'm looking for).

A slight modification to sed -n 8,9p prints both horizontal and vertical
pixels which is even better. :-)

Now I just need to learn how to do arrays in bash (or learn another
programming language other than Visual Basic) so I can do something useful
with the rest of the output that I'm currently throwing away. :-)

Have a great weekend!
Rodney.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au