[FFmpeg-user] Size limitation when converting avi to mpeg

Eamonn McEvoy e.mcevoy at andor.com
Thu Jun 14 15:19:19 CEST 2012

I am trying to convert an avi file to mpeg, but ffmpeg is giving me these error messages, 'buffer underflow' and 'packet too large'

The command I am using is :

ffmpeg -I input.avi -s 2592x2106 -b 1200 output.mpg

1.  Dimensions of video - are there any limitations?

I have noticed that if I take a video with smaller dimensions it seems to work ok, Is there any way to accommodate files with large large dimensions like this?

2.  Frame rate - can ffmpeg pad out videos?

I also have issues with certain frame rates, the error message tells me that only certain frame rates are supported by the mpeg1 format, can I get ffmpeg to pad out my avi file to account for this?

3.  File size - are there any limitations on the max file size that can be converted?
Thanks,
Eamonn

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or subject to copyright. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying, or redistribution of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please delete all copies immediately. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those ofthe author
and do not necessarily represent those of Andor Technology Plc Companies. Andor Technology Plc has taken reasonable precautions to ensure
that no viruses are contained in this email, but does not accept any responsibility once this email has been transmitted. Andor Technology PLC
is a registered company in Northern Ireland, registration number: NI022466. Registered Office: Andor Technology, 7 Millennium Way, Springvale Business
Park, Belfast, BT12 7AL.