[FFmpeg-user] Conversion from mp4 to 264/m4e

Gabri Nurtinaz Shally gabri.ns at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 11:31:54 CEST 2012

On Jun 13, 2012 12:22 PM, "Karthika" <karthika.gk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is my post to this mailing list. I came across Google that ffmpeg can
> be used for many video format conversions.
> My requirement is to convert from mp4 to either m4e or 264.
> Can anyone please reply me whether it is possible and if so, how can we do
> it.
>
> I am in urgent need for this. Please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Karthika

h264 is a video codec and m4a is an audio container. so what is m4e? i
believe everyone here still get confused with your question, what are you
trying to create?

however, it is true that ffmpeg can transcode video from and into wide
range of codec and container. you can type 'ffmpeg -codecs' to view codec
support and 'ffmpeg -formats' to see container support.