[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg version for --preset option

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:10:39 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What is the first ffmpeg version when the --preset option was introduced?
>> Ubuntu with ffmpeg 0.8.1-4:0.8.1-0ubuntu1 doesn't have it, but Fedora
>> with 0.8.11 works ok.
>
> Maybe a git blame would help here?

I am not quite comfortable with ffmpeg source organization, and even
if I could find a revision - I still have no idea how to find version
tag from a non-sequential revision number. I hoped that somebody could
just fix this omission from the Changelog. It is quite unfortunate
that major features are introduced in minor releases that are not
included in the log.

https://raw.github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/master/Changelog
--
anatoly t.