[FFmpeg-user] Qüestion on segment muxer with h.264 over mp4 and reproducing segments as standalone movies

Hector Cano hcano at mebcn.com
Tue Jun 5 19:48:17 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Hector Cano <hcano <at> mebcn.com> writes:
>
>> Gnome MPlayer plays everything as I would like it (as if those were
>> standalone movies of 10 second length).
>> Totem on ubuntu plays it ok as well.
>
> Does QuickTime play the mpeg4 files?
> I only tested MPlayer, that is why I thought it works fine.

No.
QuickTime opens and plays only the first clip.
The rest of the clips, QuickTime opens them without any problem nor
error message, but presenting a black screen. If I click play it plays
a black screen as if everything was normal, for the duration of the
clip (9 or 10 seconds in my test). Then it stops. On the second clip
(test001.mp4) a few frames may appear at the end (the length of the
clip is 10 seconds, the start time of the stream is a little before
than the end).

Thank you.
--
Héctor