[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg for 64-bit platform

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jun 3 09:07:38 CEST 2012

Tarun singhal <tsinghal18 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I want to cross-compile ffmpeg source code as a 64-bit
> application for windows

Why not use native compilation, it worked fine when I tried last?

> I am having Cent OS.
> Can anybody let me know, which compiler tool-chain can I used.

Sounds like a question for a centos mailing list, don't you agree?

> Can I use mingw32 only to compile it as 64-bit?

I believe mingw32 is 32bit-only, there is mingw64 (but this
information may be outdated, maybe somebody can clarify).

Please don't top-post on this mailing list, Carl Eugen