[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe documentation seems mixed up with ffmpeg docs

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Jul 30 16:25:29 CEST 2012

I just wanted to consult the ffprobe documentation [1] and it seems to
be mixed up with parts which actually apply to transcoding using
ffmpeg, rather than what ffprobe does.

e.g. The example mentioned in the section "Options > AVOptions" shows
using "ffmpeg" for transcoding flac to mp3.

Other parts of that documentation also seem to actually apply to
ffmpeg rather than ffprobe.

In case this is intended, I think it's good if you knew that it might
be confusing ;)
How is this text edited? If it's somewhere in the repositories, could
someone (for example: me) propose patches?

Regards,
Pb