[FFmpeg-user] Sliding text banner (was: Newbie questions)

Orbisoft Support inbox.mirror.orbisoft at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 11:54:11 CEST 2012

Just to clarify Nicolas, when you said:

/"The correct duration depends on the total width of your text. drawtext
prints it at debug level, so you can get it using -loglevel debug."
/

Does that mean I can get that number automatically returned via some command
line so that I can use that value in a later ffmpeg command line (which
actually draws the text) or does it mean I can only manually see the number
on the screen and therefore couldn't automate it (since the text is from a
RSS which always changes)?

TIA