[FFmpeg-user] custom video enhancements using ffmpeg

Matt Bione matt.bione at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 07:11:24 CEST 2012

Hi,
   I am looking to do the following :
Add some custom enhancement (using my own code using opencv or something
similar) to a video.

I am looking at ffmpeg to produce raw frames which I can tweak and then
give back to the ffmpeg to transcode it back. Is there a way to do this
using the ffmpeg command line tools - maybe using pipes or creating streams
? I can think of a really inefficient way to do this - dump every frame to
the disk using ffmpeg (e.g. , ffmpeg -i video.mpg image%d.jpg); read those
files and apply my modifications to those images and finally call ffmpeg to
produce a video using those frames(e.g. ffmpeg -f image2 -i image%d.jpg
video.mpg ). But hopefully there is a better way that someone can point me
to ?

Regards
Matt