[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg as repeater

focus television focustelev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 00:30:57 CEST 2012

On 26-Jul-12 5:05 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
>> I want to know if we can use ffmpeg as a repeater application.
>> RIght now it downloads the stream even if no one is using the stream
>> Can we make it dynamic so that it downloads only when some one watches the
>> stream?
> What do you mean by repeater? How are you serving the stream?
> http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/StreamingGuide
> may be useful to you...

I was using relaying one rtmp stream and encoding and supplying to
another url
But the problem was even when no one was watching it it was still
pulling stream from the server.
I am using wowza for distrubution. Wowza doesnt stream or use data when
no one is using but
ffmpeg works always.
I want ffmpeg to work when there is some request and stop if there is no
one watching.
If we can i can use ffmpeg for distribution instead of wowza but i am
not sure if i can use it as a server.
Joe