[FFmpeg-user] compiling ffmpeg with swscale

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jul 24 07:59:09 CEST 2012

Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >>  > I guess your problem is actually of the "c++ sucks" variety.
> >>
> >> Speaking of which, did you surround your includes with extern "C" {}?
> >
> > No I didn't and that was the problem indeed...
>
> Maybe all the publically exported .h files should have extern "C" { }
> around themselves?

That would imply that the FFmpeg headers are C++ headers or that
we at least do support C++ in the sense that we test it and make
sure it does not brake.
Reality is that FFmpeg offers C headers, if somebody wants to use
them from C++, it is his responsibility to ensure that all
necessary measure are being taken care of (that is not only
extern "C").