[FFmpeg-user] libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Resource temporarily unavailable

llarevo at gmx.net llarevo at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 17:05:22 CEST 2012

> > I can try. But could you please describe the necessary steps a bit more
> > detailed? I am not very familiar with git. A list of commands and short
> > instructions and where to start or some howto should be sufficient.
>
> Could you test 44b2784?
> (make distclean && git checkout 44b2784 && ./configure && make)
>
> I will try to guide you through the bisecting process,
> if above works ok you can also try yourself (but it is unfortunately
> not always trivial):
> git checkout 44b2784
> git bisect good
> git checkout n0.7
> git bisect bad (you should of course test if that is really true)

I tried to find the change in libavdevice/v4l2.c manually, using the
info from
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blame;f=libavdevice/v4l2.c;hb=eae3cf06a5410cf6d06235de4ceea28e33e53be3

I checked out different commits, then I built using:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --libdir=/usr/local/lib64
--shlibdir=/usr/local/lib64 --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl
--enable-libfaac --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora
--enable-libxvid --disable-asm

The result is:

01058893	2010-09-12 19:44:45 OK
30b4ee79	2011-09-23 20:50:11 not OK

So
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob_plain;f=libavdevice/v4l2.c;hb=0105889358a460c725a64aa613d29a5b2004fccd
is OK, while
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=blob_plain;f=libavdevice/v4l2.c;hb=30b4ee7901ec5dbe24f1c75c0c0b43ba551c858b
is not OK.

Unfortunately I now too little about C and the ffmpeg internals to have
an idea what went wrong. There are several changes in the file. Perhaps
somebody could have a look?

Thanks
--
Felix