[FFmpeg-user] Sliding text banner (was: Newbie questions)
inbox.mirror.orbisoft at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 04:54:10 CEST 2012
Thanks very much for that Nicolas.
1) I think I would like to try the DrawText method you mentioned. I was a
bit unsure of your syntax though:
./ffmpeg_g -i video -vf "drawtext=fontfile=LinLibertine_R.otf:\
text=You should not be watching this:fontsize=40:\
I take it I:
- I need to remove the ./
- Use ffmpeg instead of ffmpeg_g
- Use ascent" rather than ascent'
2) On my original command string, I did change the output file to FLV and as
a result was able to use a frame rate of 80 frames per second which mad it
c:\mytemp\ffmpeg -r 80 -y -f image2 -i f:\mytemp\images\image%d.png
The result can be seen here: http://www.orbisoft.com/ffmpeg/video.flv
The sample text I used is here:
I used white "Arial", 26, FontStyle.Bold on a black rectangle background of
3) So using the method you mentioned I take it I would only need to add one
frame in total (the black rectangle) then the text would just scroll on
that? The blank frame is at: http://www.orbisoft.com/ffmpeg/image1.png
4) Would you be kind enough to tell me what the command line should be in
light of those parameters? I am hoping the file size of the resultant flv
created using your mentioned methodolgy may somehow be less than the 110 MB
for the full FLV I created by adding 100,000 or so png frames.
View this message in context: http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/Newbie-questions-tp4651915p4651964.html
Sent from the FFmpeg-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the ffmpeg-user