[FFmpeg-user] SDL and Video device - swscaler - 640x360 - 0x0 is invalid scaling dimension

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Jul 18 10:43:23 CEST 2012

Le primidi 1er thermidor, an CCXX, Chau Pham a écrit :

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I compiled and use ffmpeg for tutorial02 in Dranger guideline:
> http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/tutorial02.html

This tutorial is grossly obsolete with regard to ffmpeg API. It uses
img_convert, which has been completely removed more than three years ago and
was already deprecated three years before that. It also uses
avcodec_decode_video, that was also deprecated three years ago.

> it requires SDL, then I installed SDL and set display:
>
> export DISPLAY=:0.0
>
> but when I play mpeg file:
>
> [root at CENT6 working]# ./tutorial02 advertisement.mpg

This is not related to your problem, but you should know that working like
that with the root account is usually a very bad idea. That is also the
reason you need to set the display.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George