[FFmpeg-user] Combine time-lapse elements

Marco Baumgärtner kalleernst at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:30:38 CEST 2012

I have a cut-list of a video in a ffmpeg-compatible format, ie -s
0:00:40 -t 0:00:10 etc.

I do not want to cut out what is in between but to time-lapse it. So
each time a cut-list-video is reached by the time position meter in
ffmpeg, the video should be played back but as soon as it ends up to the
next cut-list-video the video should be time-lapsed.

I thought about taking the end of each video in the cut-list and the
beginning of the next one, time-lapse it, then cut out the video in the
cut list, time-lapse again and so on. Then I would connect all parts
together. Is there an easier way, maybe some gui that outputs suitable
commands for this? Or maybe ffmpeg is no good choice at all for this?

Best

Marco