[FFmpeg-user] video4linux2: Resource temporarily unavailable

llarevo at gmx.net llarevo at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 14:45:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

I try to change my standard encoding tool from mencoder to ffmpeg. Now
I've got a problem with analog capturing. When trying to capture with
ffmpeg -f v4l2 -i /dev/video0 out.mpg, I get lots of errors:

libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Resource temporarily unavailable (s.b.)

although I set the channel prior to the capturing via

v4lctl setchannel

In http://pastebin.com/V40WQXhY you see an attempt with ffmpeg (after
which a zero-byte outfile is written), in http://pastebin.com/A7z81SNe
an attempt with ffplay.

When I use ffmpeg -i /dev/video0 -f v4l2 out.mpg (-i and -f in the
opposite order) I get

/dev/video0: Invalid data found when processing input

as error (cf. http://pastebin.com/dVqN9CPW ).

I belong to the group video on my system, so the access to

crw-rw----+ 1 root video 81, 0 10. Jul 14:13 /dev/video0

should be OK.

mplayer tv:// and xawtv works

cat /dev/video0 > out.raw writes lots of data.

I'm using a Terratec Cinergy 400 on Fedora F17. The v4l2 device info is
pasted here: http://pastebin.com/ukv3wdpp

Since I'm new to ffmpeg, some help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance
--
Felix