[FFmpeg-user] Speed differences, was: The Magic Microsecond

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Sun Jul 8 20:07:19 CEST 2012

Mike F in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Sun, 8 Jul 2012 09:34:33 -0700
(PDT)):
>Your original question was about newest being slower than r32754

I know. But after that question I discovered the the FFmpeg 0.10.2 from
the sources of MPlayer 1.1 was even faster then r32754 and thus also
faster than the newest.

>I see 5 fps difference.. ~ 1% slower

448 versus 443 is not worth talking about. I downloaded 0.10.2 from
http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-0.10.2.tar.bz2 and compiled it to see
if the slowdown happened in between MPlayer 1.1 and the current 0.10.2,
but the current one was even 13fps faster (and lots faster than the
latest Zeranoe).

I will try the newest GIT version later this evening to see if
modifications by Zeranoe are causing the slow down. But first: diner.

>but as you see in the conf, I need more "stuff" in the git versions for
>troubleshooting my current "headache"

I do not get the point, but wish you all the best.
--
Jan