[FFmpeg-user] dnxhd error in different versions

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Tue Jul 3 23:10:24 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Jacob Harris <jacob <at> jacobharris.org> writes:
>
>> [scale @ 0x1209a3a0] w:1920 h:1080 fmt:rgb24 sar:0/1 -> w:1920 h:1080
>> fmt:yuv422p10le sar:0/1 flags:0x4
>> [dnxhd @ 0x120867a0] video parameters incompatible with DNxHD
>
> Is this also reproducible with current git head?
>
> Please try -pix_fmt yuv422p

I think I've seen this before on this list (that is, getting the error
"Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect
parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height" and adding pix_fmt
fixes it). What do you think, Carl, of adding "or pix_fmt" to the
error message as a hint to the user? It seems common enough of an
issue to me.

Thanks,

Michael