[FFmpeg-user] worth to bother? create a set of test video clips for mobile devices

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Tue Jan 31 09:10:46 CET 2012

Hello. I've been testing a few mobile phone to figure out for each phone
with what parameter ffmpeg can produce highest-quality playable video.
The result will be a table of mobile phones and ffmpeg parameters.

I just think, since I wish to produce the test clips anyway, why not
publish all test clips on a website so that others can download them and
use them to aid their testing on their mobile phones? I can imagine
needing to produce a matrix of clips at different qscale, framerate and
bitrate.

So my questions:

 1. Did someone already do this? Then I can just grab the result.
 2. If nobody did it before, publishing my little work on my personal
    homepage cannot help as many as could by publishing it on a website
    with higher PR (Google Page-rank), so which site can I ask for
    permission to add this content (offer others to download these
    clips)? ffmpeg homepage? A wiki? a developer's site?

Best regards
Zhang Weiwu