[FFmpeg-user] How to get rid of version number in so names?

Alexey Umnov umnoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:35:47 CET 2012

Hello!
I have a little bit weird question. The circumstances are so that I need
libavcodec, libavformat and libavutil shared object files to be named
without version numbers (libavcodec.so, libavutil.so, libavformat.so) and
keep them able to link against each other in this manner.
Symbolic links are not acceptable (not all file systems do support them).
How should I build ffmpeg? Or give a tip where to look for an answer please.

Thanks!
Best regards!

Alexey Umnov
umnoff at gmail.com