[FFmpeg-user] expected expression before ‘AlsaData’ during ffmpeg compile

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Jan 30 10:59:39 CET 2012

Le decadi 10 pluviôse, an CCXX, Carl Vondrick a écrit :
> I'm trying to compile the latest ffmpeg on a cluster. However, I
> receive the error:
>
> quickstep:~/sources/ffmpeg master$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/install
> --enable-shared
> quickstep:~/sources/ffmpeg master$ make
> CC      libavdevice/alldevices.o
> CC      libavdevice/alsa-audio-common.o
> CC      libavdevice/alsa-audio-dec.o
> libavdevice/alsa-audio-dec.c:135: warning: implicit declaration of
> function ‘offsetof’
> libavdevice/alsa-audio-dec.c:135: error: expected expression before
> ‘AlsaData’

Your problem is not with AlsaData, the actual problem is the line above: the
offsetof macro not being defined.

Apparently, your build environment ignores macros, both from standard system
headers and from ffmpeg's own headers:

> libavdevice/alsa-audio-dec.c:135: error: ‘AV_OPT_TYPE_INT’ undeclared
> libavdevice/alsa-audio-dec.c:149: warning: implicit declaration of
> function ‘NULL_IF_CONFIG_SMALL’

I have no idea how it can happen, nor where to start to solve it. Good luck.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George