[FFmpeg-user] feeding frames to ffmpeg manually?

Csillag Kristof csillag.kristof at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:13:19 CET 2012

> Csillag Kristof<csillag.kristof<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> I am interested in using ffmpeg in a very non-standard way.
>>
>> There is an application that is currently displaying images to an X11
>> display.
> You do know that x11 is a possible input format for ffmpeg?
If you mean the x11grab backend, then yes.

I could probably use (I am not sure whether I could properly synchronize
that, though),
but this process (application -> x11 -> ffmpeg) would involve an
unnecessary stage;
the (virtual) X display. I would like to omit that, to reach better
throughput, lower latencies and more easy synchronization of the frames.

Thank you for your help:

    Kristof