[FFmpeg-user] converting 1080p50 to PAL interlaced dv format

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 27 22:04:19 CET 2012

Konrad Karl <kk_konrad <at> gmx.at> writes:

> the only working solution I found was to add:
>
>   --extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib64"
>   --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/include"

> Is there a more fine-grained way to tell configure about locations of
> external libs + includes?

This is considered the "fine-grained way to tell configure about locations" but
suggestions are certainly welcome!

> > (And if MPlayer really depends on FFmpeg - which I consider hard
> > to believe - than your MPlayer installation is quite broken.)
>
> ldd /usr/bin/mplayer|grep libav
>         libavformat.so.53 => /usr/lib64/libavformat.so.53

Yes, this is broken (and not supported on mplayer-users as far as
I am concerned).

[...]

> I will try the next time but I prefer to pollute my system as little
> as possible

That is exactly the reason why I would suggest to compile x264 static next time,
not install it, configure FFmpeg as shown above (but with x264 source paths),
build it and instead of installing FFmpeg just copy the executable where you
need it.

But that is of course not necessary.

[...]

> the player has to know anyways

As said, I don't think that works automatically.

> and I am curious how it gets to know.

By the user telling it (for example with pressing "D" in MPlayer).