[FFmpeg-user] ProRes support for Linux

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Jan 25 19:51:29 CET 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:19:51 -0500
Kosta Vlotis <kosta.brazzers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Lou <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:24:08 -0500
> > Kosta Vlotis <kosta.brazzers at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> really? how can i get ffmpeg to decode prores in windows?
> >
> > You can use Zeranoe's FFmpeg builds:
> > http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
>

> cool! ill check that out! thanks for that. do you have a link with
> instructions on compiling for linux too?
>
> thanks!

Here are two that are usually kept up-to-date:

HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264 on Ubuntu

Compile FFmpeg on CentOS 6.0
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide

Any CentOS/RHEL/Fedora users should feel free to update/change/edit
the CentOS guide since it's in a wiki format.